Questions about chemical application and what is legal

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by pclawncare, Mar 1, 2007.

1. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

My dad sprays our own yard he has been doing it for 5 years now. He has some knowledge of herbacide application and chemicals. He doesnt spray or mow or anything for a living but he just does our yard. Anyway i buddy of his ask him if he could come over when he finishes our yard and use the left overs to spray his yard. Question. Can my dad legally do this? No money will be exchanged just a favor for a friend. Since the property is not owned by my fauther can he face fines and penalties just like any other lco that is spraying without a licens? I know i am going to get bashed for him not having a licens and stuff but i just want to know if this is illegal

2. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know your state laws but , He's not a Business, not for hire, there shouldn't be a problem.

3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Shades does that mean that if i were to spray a friend of mines yard as a favor it would be illegal since i own a lawn mowing service?

4. Shades of Green LService

If you don't have a license your state might say so.

5. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

they better be good friends, and even then i would have the friend sign something in case the dog, kid, etc..get sick from the chemicals. this is me being devil's advocate. more than likely nothing will happen and the friend will crack open a beer after your father is done spraying and they will bs about how bad the yankees are.

6. Shades of Green LService

Or how good the mets are gonna be this year, or maybe reminiss about the '86 world series.

7. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

living in the past huh? damn you buckner!

should be a good season for the mets, sox (the real ones), and yankees this season.

8. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Restricted use pesticide = illegal
    For a fee = illegal

9. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I would bet it is also illegal in Oklahoma. In Wisconsin if you are not spraying it on your own property you need to be certified. If you are getting paid you need to be licensed. He not only has to worry about his friends lawn but the over spray, flagging the property, records, etc. There are reason's to get certified and licensed.

Mike I

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

?????? ;)