1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Questions about cpa's....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by justmjc, Feb 19, 2004.

1. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

I want to bring in a few employees this year and as a last resort I have a local agency to use. However, if I hire directly, I can save a little of my cost. My question is about the needed w2 and pertaining forms I have fill out for the employee, can a cpa handle all of this? Is this the correct person to speak with? I know I withhold money from each check from the employee, but does that go into an interest only savings? Is that my money until I have to pay the tax man?

I guess is the cpa the person to speak with on this or is there anyone else involved?
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Get a good CPA and they should handle all of the paper work,at least mine does.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

its yours till you have to pay it. Just get the forms and publications from the irs. Its very simple to do if you can read and know how to use a calculator.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Justmjc,

Here is a link to the IRS's site specific to the w-2.
  5. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

C P A is the correct contact . Like lawnman said its yours till due . Plus , you get to pay workers comp insurance , unemployment , and social security on each employee .