1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about Curb Edging Installation

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ExmarkBoy, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Hello everyone. I do lots of landscaping installation, and I want to expand my services. I'm thinking about doing stampcrete paths, but I know for sure I want to do curb edging. A couple people in my neighborhood have it, and I know many of my clients would be interested. The only thing is this: I don't have a clue as to what brands of tools there are to do the initial laying of the concrete. I know the basic process of installing it, but I REALLY need help with all the finer points as well as THE EQUIPMENT side. I need help with learning about all of this stuff because although I am eager to learn, I really can't find any educational material about this. Thanks!

2. ExmarkBoy

from Indiana

I just found the edgemaster, but I still would appreciate knowing what other brands are out there. Also, I still need to find out about the process for installation. I really would appreciate any educational help.

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

6. ExmarkBoy

from Indiana

Thanks. I will watch these. I had watched a couple of youtube videos, but they were basically promotional videos to intimidate the potential customers into hiring them.

7. ExmarkBoy

from Indiana

Do they have to hand finish the corners?

8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

probably. i've never done curb edging so i dunno. i imagine it's much the same as regular cement work or curb work. use a trowel and do it by hand on the corners.

9. ExmarkBoy

from Indiana

Does anyone have an idea what the upfront investment is? This number would include all the equipment, training, cement stuff, etc. Essentially everything you would need to outfit a crew to do that. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 10k-15k. I that really far off?

10. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

theres a setup for sale in the sale section. i think more in the 20k range brand new. used maybe 5 to 10. I've been working concrete since I was 6 and those things seem like a gimmick. I just see people selling them and no one buying. does anyone here own one?