1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Questions about Curb Edging Installation

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ExmarkBoy, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I must say that permanent curb edging sure does look nice installed.
  2. 3rdDayBrad

3rdDayBrad LawnSite Member
    from MI

Looks nice, but for the cost, aluminum edging gives a cleaner look. If you ever want to expand beds or eliminate them even, forget it with concrete. I agree that it is more of a gimmick than anything. In my 25 plus years of being in this business, I have seen 1 house with this product. They stick out like a sore thumb in the neighborhood. Just my 2 cents, ExmarkBoy. Not trying to discourage you from expanding your services. Good luck.
  3. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I will admit that 1) they aren't flexible, so unless the customer is willing to spend alot of money, they're stuck with what they choose, and 2) some houses really do look crappy with it, but I also have to say that if it is done right, it can look pretty good. I'll post a picture of a house in my neighborhood that has it and (I at least think) it looks really good.