Questions about herbicide/pesticide/insecticide spraying ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Emerscape, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Emerscape

Emerscape LawnSite Member

This past week I purchased a 200 gallon poly sprayer from Lesco at a decent price of $3000.00. I am scheduled to take my applicators license exam this wednesday and have only had a little time talking to Karen (Lesco Pembroke MA) about what I will be able to do with this sprayer. I originally wanted to get into doing Tick applications and whatever else I could do. After studying I am getting a little anxious about how to clean it out, what to do with the run off etc. Can someone help me understand a little more about what services I can offer, how to keep maintenance and furthermore be a responsible applicator. thanks for your help

2. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

That's a huge question. Lesco should have all the info about the operation of your sprayer. Your study manuals for your pesticide certification should inform you of how to be a responsible applicator. John

3. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Yup, big question.

Rinsing out the sprayer is easy, but you need to spray the rinsate out somewehre, not just let it run in the road.

Have the sprayer serviced every winter. New diagphrams and change the oils.

Responsibel applicator? Read on this site a lot.

EG

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Find an applicator outside your area and ride with him for a couple days. Thats what I did.

5. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

Emerscape,

I don't live too far away. If you'll pm me w/ your phone number or e-mail address I can teach you how to use it.