Questions About Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jaynen, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

I have been searching and reading this site for hours now and I need some help getting my questions answered properly so that what I am doing for my business is all proper as well. First off I work in the Kitchener/Waterloo area of Ontario. I started off with an aerator and of course it exploded into people wanting me to do other stuff for the lawn. So I need these questions answered.

1. Do I need a license to put down regular granular fertilizer? (Scotts Turff Builder and Winter Care. Nothing with weed controls. Fertilizer wont be stored, just bought for daily use.)

2. To spot spray for weeds do I need to get a pesticed license? I wont spray for grubs or anything like that. Just broadleaf weed spraying.

3. Are permits or other papers required for aerating, lawn edging, cutting, trimming?

I would greatly appreciate anyone that can help answer my questions and better educate me.
  2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Since your in Canada, their regs and rules will differ from the US. Isn't there some type of bureaucratic office that can help you. Most of us will have no idea what is required to be legal in Canada. You might try googling it or another Canadian member will chime in on you request
  3. Jaynen

Jaynen LawnSite Member

Just thought I would come here first in hopes that another Canadian member would be able to help me out. Today is a stat holiday so I cant do much until tommorow. Thanks for the reply though.