1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Questions about the Toro/Exmark Metro 21" Commercial Unit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Jul 29, 2006.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few questions regarding the Toro/Exmark Proline/Metro 21" unit that I would like some help with. Here they are:
    1. Have any of you who own them noticed that the non BBC versions seem to mulch better than the BBC version. I have both versions, non-BBC with the Honda engine and BBC with the Kawasaki engine and I've noticed that on the same lawn with the same growth level, the non-BBC version mulches without so much as a trace of grass while the BBC version will leave clumps. Why is that and is there a remedy for it?

2. Can a gator blade fit on the non BBC version? Not the one that Toro sells which I believe is an atomic blade but an actual gator blade? How well does this gator blade work on the non BBC version? Does it leave as good of a cut as the stock blade?

2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

As the previous poster suggested, and I'm in agreement the BBC cover decreases the mulching ability some what. You can put a gator blade on the BBC, BUT it will put a nick in the BBC cover. I put gator's on several BBC Exmark metro 21\ Toro proline 21's.

Power equipment , The Exmark and Toro are the same mower, minus the re cycler kickers on the Exmark Metro 21.