1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

questions about trailer gate

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LawnPatrolNY, Aug 30, 2012.

1. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

No sense gettin in a hurry...you wouldn't want to run out of reasons to be doing something else...
    I've got parts for about 20 or 30 projects....always have a good excuse to be busy doing something else...if I told them I was BBQ'n...drinkin beer..and watchin football on the big screen...they might invite themselves...and maybe some of them DaisyMae's.....mercy.......
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LawnPatrolNY

LawnPatrolNY LawnSite Member

thanks for all the replies about this gate problem i have. there are many different views on this and i think im just going to stick w the gate itself. soo on that note....

should i just go w the friend for $200 (even though i think this is high) or should i try this myself? having access to a welder and being pretty handy i think i can do it .... thoughts??

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I can tell you this..... You'll be kicking yourself if you try it, Your guy @ $200 is too cheap..... After materials cost he may be lucky to pocket $50, Expanded metal is not cheap.....In fact no steel is cheap anymore, How ever you decide your back will thank you if you go a split ramp......

Here's one of my finished projects..... So I know about fabrication even if it's just a ramp gate.....

[​IMG]

4. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Now you can't just post this pic & say here is 1 of my projects.Lol! Can you explain what it is? Looks to be a lift you drive under something. Raise object & move it around with this cart. Nice fab!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That's what it does.....

[​IMG]

Transports chopper from hanger to take-off pad.....Built from scratch with no plans, Only this pic off the net.....

[​IMG]