Questions about what size trailer to get??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Smith Lawn & Landscaping, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Im currently looking at getting a bigger trailer. The one i have now is maxed out:cry: It's a 5x10 carrying a 42inch z and a 32inch wb that barely fits. Im thinking about a 7x16 but i want to make sure it will hold 2 z mowers or 2 walkbehinds side by side and possibly a zmower. I also want to make sure i will have some room for my bagger that way i dont have to keep pulling it off and on. another suggestion was getting a 7x18?? what do most of yall run and could i see some pics thanks.. by the way its gonna be a open not enclosed at this time..

2. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the 16ft it's a standard size easy to find and cheap to buy. Around here $800.00 to $1000.00 gets you a go new name brand trailer and $400.00 to $800.00 gets you a good used one.

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

What size truck do you have...?
    The bigger the trailer the more torque your truck will need to tow that extra weight..

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

A 16' or A 18' will do..

5. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

turf commando, look in his sig. it says he has TRUCK. it's right there. lol. j/k

6. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

I have a 92 4runner that i currently pull my 5x10 with. But i also have a 92 chevy 1500 350. will the 7x16 hold 2 zmowers or 2 wb and a z?

7. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely the 16' will work.
    The 18' may be nice if you ever decide on baggers for mowers.

8. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

16ft will work for sure, but an 18ft could be nice to have the additional feet for other stuff that just seems to get packed onto the trailer

9. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

yea im looking at 18footers forsure i just wanna make sure i can grow in it. And another thing in mind is that i do have baggers for the mowers also. i definintely leaning towards a 18ft.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

A 16 ft will not hold 2 WB and 2 riders. it will hold 2 wb and 1 rider with bagger, 2 riders with baggers or 2 web and a rider. Id go 20' for 4 mowers and even then its tight if both riders have baggers.

Cheers