Questions about Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by roushjh, Oct 20, 2005.

1. roushjh

roushjh LawnSite Member
    from KS

I'm about to purchase a used 2003 or 2004 Stander and have a couple of questions. This will be my first stander.

1. Will a 48" unit fit between the wheel wells of a F-150 (49")? I don't want to haul my trailer almost 500 miles, if I don't have to.

2. Is $3000 a reasonable price on a 48" unit with slightly less than 100 hours on it, and a 19 HP Kawi motor?

I'd appreciate any responses to either or both questions.

Thanks in advance!

2. roushjh

roushjh LawnSite Member
    from KS

3. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I too am curious, looking for a wb, but willing to look at a stander. Noone seems real opinionated either way.

4. premierlawncare

premierlawncare LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good price to me. I just paid $6000 for my stander 35 17/or 19 not sure. I had it 2 or 3 months and have 80 hours. So it sounds like a good deal.

I like my stander alot.

5. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

That is a good deal.

If you are driving the 500 miles to pick it up, I would suggest taking the gate off of the trailer and that will greatly reduce the wind resistance.

You could probably make it fit - with maybe a little fender damage - or you might be able to back it in so that the front casters are resting on the tail gate.

6. roushjh

roushjh LawnSite Member
    from KS

Thanks for the input guys.

You get better responses in the evening as apposed to 2 AM, when I first posted I guess!

I have a bed extender that I'll take along also.

Has any one out there tried to fit a 48 in a F-150 box?

7. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp LawnSite Member

I dont see why not, you said the width was 49" between wheel wells? A 48" stander is about 48 1/2" possibly 49" at the most, you can cram it in the if you have too, if not turn it sideways. As for the price seems to be good, I paid 5600 for a brand new 52" because my old stander blew up in july and I already have 100 hrs on the new one.

Ken

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, personally I'd try to drive away for maybe $2,500 total.

As for the hauling, have someone measure their 48" Stander to be sure.

If you find it is too wide to fit, I can tell you how to make a simple insert you can haul it on by clearing the wheel wells. I used to have one in my truck to handle certain jobs. Works great and it's safe.

I wouldn't want to pull a trailer 500 miles either if I didn't have to.

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That should give you a little extra room on the sides.

10. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

It'll be a tight fit that is for sure.... As for the price, I'd jump on that. If you don't want it, I'll take it!

Tim.