Questions for EZ Dump insert owners...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Apr 14, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

These questions are for owners of EZ Dump inserts.

1. Trying to find out what the most common problems are (mechanically speaking)?. The motor, the hydraulics, the remote, what?

2. What kind of costs are involved with fixing these problems?
    In other words, what do replacement parts run $$?.

Just trying to get an idea. Thanks.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have had mine since fall of last year, used it for fall clean ups, and am using it currently for spring clean ups. I have'nt had any things go wrong, but then again its basically new yet. I love it though.

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Jonathan.. as you know I bought mine last year also. No problems yet. I don't foresee any problems in the near future either. If it's not abused it should last quite a while.

So.... Go get one!!! :D

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

The reason I ask, is because I'm looking at a used one (not sure how old it is yet), and I'm trying to get an idea of what to look closely at, or what to expect to go first (it currently has no problems). And what to expect to pay for anything that might go in the future.

There's not much to them mechanically. But if a motor dies on it, and it's going to cost me big money to repair or replace, then it wouldn't be worth buying. Be better off waiting until I can afford a new one.

But if parts are relatively inexpensive, then it would be worth buying a used one.

Maybe I'll try contacting the company and ask for prices of the major parts.

Thanks.

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I'd guess the motor/pump would run in the neighborhood of $700

Is the dump still on the truck? If so.. have him/her to take you to a supply yard and put a load of mulch/dirt in it to see if it operates properly.

What's the asking price?