Questions for Trenchblade.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coolluv, Jun 10, 2008.

1. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

I just purchased 2 of your Trenchblades at Howard Brothers in Duluth Ga. I was interested in them from the first time I saw them. Total price for the 2 was $8.37. I looked at them closely before I purchased them and it just so happened that there were regular blades in a box next to the Trenchblade display.

I held both up and looked at the thickness of the two to see if the Trenchblade was any thicker, nope same thicknes as the regular stick edger blades. I have yet to use it as I just purchased them today. But after looking at them and comparing them next to a regular edger blade,besides having a slight bend in them on a 45 degree angle what makes them different than a regular blade.

What I mean is if it is just put in a press and bent slightly,and is the same metal and thickness as a regular blade that I can buy in bulk for $1.11 a piece,What makes it worth $4.00 a piece?

I think if you lowered the price by half you might sell more. I was wanting to check them out earlier but I didn't think the price was worth it,but curiosity has got the better of me and I'm always looking for better ways to do things.

Don't get me wrong I wish I would have come up with it and it seems like a great idea. I will let you know what I think of them when I get to try them out.

Just way over priced in my opinion.

Dave...

2. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

O k so bend your own and sell the cheaper. lol Come on you have not used them yet but they are not worth the price. I have heard nothing but good about the trench blade I wish I could afford a stick edger just to but this product.

3. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and it works great, even better when you pull it backwards and i feel it's worth the $4 -vs- getting sued for patten infringement!

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I think they are worth every penny. They save me a lot of time. Hope this helps. Trenchblade: Love the product!

5. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

I know it seems like a lot to pay for an edger blade that is slightly flailed in opposite directions. What it does, compared what you would pay for an alternative method for trenching is well worth the money. Your paying more for the concept. I do have overhead and expenses that have to be paid in order to bring this product to the market. If I sold the blades for Half the price I sell them to Howards bros for now I would clear a big 40 cents per a blade and have to hang it up and get a part time job. It was very expensive to get a patent and is a lot of work trying to market this thing. I am sure that after you use it you will have a different opinion of the cost and what it does for the money. I have sold about 3500 blades so far and have not had one person come back after they have used it and told me that it was not worth the $4.00. In fact it is pretty much the opposite of that. Most people say what you said above, i wish i would have come up with that. You could say the same thing about a lot of products. For instance, you could say: damn, How could Sony sell that TV for $1900.00 when that got $60 worth of plastic, $120 worth of microchips, and $90 worth of LCD's and a few wires and sauder in there. As for making your own trenchblades, there is nothing I can do if you buy a trenchblade, measure it, and decide to take some flat blades to a brake form and try to bend them yourself. Keep in mind that the Trenchblades are manufactured in a multimillion dollar aerospace fabrication plant that makes aircraft parts for Boeing and the U.S. Military. The bends have to be exactly the same size on both ends or it will vibrate your machine to death. The person at AFOG who makes the blades for me is the Director of Quality Control (a childhood friend of mine) and he stops the c&c Brake form after every 20-30 blades to check that the bends are exactly the same on both sides and within .1000ths of an inch to the bend spec. After they are bent they are heat treated once more to ensure that the bend did not compromise the integrity of the metal. That's why there has not been 1 instance of a Trenchblade cracking or breaking. Our blades are made in America, by Americans, with quality and consistency being put first. So I know it looks simple, but there is a little more to it than just bending a flat edger blade. I think you will be happy with the results vs the Price.

6. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Today is day 5 of a 2-5 day shipping time. I have a flowerbed rejuvenation scheduled tomorrow and we were going to use them. I hope the package is on my doorstep when I get home today. :dizzy:

Peace

7. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for the delay on shipping we had some problems with a new set of dies ariving. they went out this morning and i put an extra blade it there to try to make up for the delay on shipping, sorry bout that nitro.

8. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

can the trench blades be used to edge a sidewalk or driveway? i looked at your website, and watched the video, but i couldnt tell if it actually did anything b/c i didnt see the bed before. interested, but need more proof of quality and pics of work.

9. TheKingOfLawns

TheKingOfLawns LawnSite Member

Are these used just for cleaning up bedlines, or can you form new bedline edges with it?

10. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

you need to start giving free samples