Questions from a needy newbie

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FamilyBiz, Jul 31, 2003.

1. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Never heard that before. Yes sir, can see what your saying about the cash flow.

Allow me to ask.

Is that alot of paper work? You can probably do billing every day of the month. And what about those that do not pay on time. Are you set up "Due on receipt" or net 15 - 30? Doesn't that get a little hairy to keep track of?
  2. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

a lot of paperwork? No more than billing on the 1st or 30th . . . just spread out! Or did I misunderstand your question?

I was too cheap to buy anything other than Quicken for my accounting ($75 at Sam's), but I can see having to upgrade soon. For now Quicken meets my basic needs, though. I set up customers on Net 14 days. Quicken generates the invoice, and moves it to a list of unpaid invoices and aging. Billing throughout the month (yeah, just about every day) allows me to review aging, know who my outstanding receiveables are, etc.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i split my clients 50-50 on billing on the 15th and 31st. i use a net-15 pay setup too, i think net-15 works better cause they don't see the "oh i've got 30 days to pay this, i'll just put it back here behind all my other bills"

I've only had one late payment, and that was a from a scumbag that was tryin to get out of paying for services. he was dropped at the blink of an eye soon as i had cash in my hand. (after his first check bounced)
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.