1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Questions In Ohio

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ELITE1LAWN, Mar 28, 2007.

1. ELITE1LAWN

ELITE1LAWN LawnSite Member

Anybody From Ohio On Here If So Could You Help Me Out Do I Need To Get Commercial Tags For My Trailer And My Truck Or Just My Truck Any Help Would Be Appreciated Thanks

2. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

trailer tags are good for any purpose. You need truck plates for your truck. If you get pulled over, and you're pulling a trailer full of landscape equipment, with non-comm plates, you're screwed.

3. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

Make sure you buy enough weight on your tag to cover the MAX GVW of your truck and trailer.

4. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We have commercial tags at this time, but at first we only had commercial tags on our dump truck because of the expenses. Our pickups had normal tags for the first 2 years of our growth. We never had an issue with it, but then again, we never got pulled over that I know of.

5. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

get commercial tags, they are like $100 for your truck @ 9500lbs gvw and trailor is like 60bucks. A ticket is probally a lot more than that.