1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Questions on 48" Bobcat Accessories

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MrNetvestor, Apr 7, 2000.

1. MrNetvestor

MrNetvestor LawnSite Member

Last year I purchased a barely used 48&quot; Ransomes Bobcat walk behind. My questions: 1)I have the steel grass catcher and I think it's too heavy. I've seen a setup with a flex hose to a plastic &quot;Garbage can&quot; type recepticle. Does anyone know who makes this or how well it works? 2)When I do the lawn in the fall I like to use the mower to &quot;bag&quot; the leaves. Problem is air blows out the front of the deck and makes it tougher to &quot;suck&quot; the leaves up. I made a duct tape skirt which helps. Is there an accessory to address this? 3)From reading the great posts here I think I'm going for the Jungle Wheels. Where's the best place for price? I've found a guy locally for $250. &lt;font color=red&gt;Anyone have a used unit for sale?&lt;/font&gt; Thanks for your help in advance.<br>www.RiverHouseTraders.com<p><p>
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The metal catcher is for the birds.I had an easy-vac system on my 48&quot;.I don't recomend it because its extra weight on the WB and makes handeling very hard.There is no after market plate for the front that I know of.If you are interested in collecting I suggest getting a dedicated collecting mower such as ,Walker,Hustler,Scag,Ransom.
  3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I cut a 6&quot; strip of carpet and screw nail it to the side of my deck so that I can leave the deck on the highest setting and still get good collecting ability. Then just replace the carpet when it wears out.
  4. MrNetvestor

I like the carpet idea...I was going to source the bristle strips similar to the brush part of a Windshield ice scraper/snow brush and use long sections to skirt the front of the deck.
  5. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

cutting up some mud flaps would also work for that and they are really thick<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  6. sue

sue LawnSite Member

I have a question? has anyone used the cloth bag for bobcats?<br>how well do they work, and hold up?<br>we are presently using the grass gobbler,<br>i really like it. have a nice day.
  7. lawndeals

lawndeals Guest

Great carpet idea! - I'm going to try that. As for the accessories for it I would definately get the Jungle Wheels. If you wait awhile Jungle Jim's usually sells some scratch models on Ebay for about $150.00. I got a set and they are a steal at that. Hardly any scratches at all. Besides, we end up scratching them up ourselves. Just look for them on there or email them and they will let you know when they go on sale - if you ask them to. jungle@on-site.net
  8. MrNetvestor

I did search on EBAY and found that they auctioned 6 sets of jungle wheels in March. I learned that they had sold all of the EBAY products. However, they found a unit that they sold me at the $150 auction price. It was a leftover set with a green paint job as opposed to their traditional red or black. The people at Jungle Jims are really nice and were more than happy to accomodate me. <p>Now to check out the grass gobbler...