Questions on ASV

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jefftb, Aug 2, 2008.

1. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

Positives and Negatives on these machines as well as their durability. I've looked at most track loader brands except this one.

BTW-I used the search function for ASV and kept
    getting no matches.......

2. jmf

jmf LawnSite Member
    from ny

I have an ASV SR-80. The machine is good and service is as good as your dealer. The ride is the best, good power, best speed and turn around time.

jmf

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They are (obviously) better suited to the undercarriages and I really want to grab one of the many RC30's off IronPlanet, I really like them little buggers.

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Those little buggers are a little bit wimpy but very functional. I like mine but the bucket sits about 1/2inch higher on one side vs the other. It came like that from the dealer (demo) but asv says they can't fix it because I might have bent one of the loader arms.

They are tweaked but I sure didn't do it.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

i would really like one to for backfilling pools and i damn sure dont a new holland and we all know a mtl pushes better than a wheeled loader so bobcat is out of the question...and asv is the only one that builds a mtl that small..

got one quick comment..... bobcat needs to build a really small mtl to compete with the asv 30... shoot somebody needs to build something to compete with it..

6. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

I'm interested in the PT50/60 machines. I build utility infrastructure and electric and am adding a track loader to my operation as my first machine in this category. So far we have experience with Bobcat, JCB, Deere, and CASE. I've looked at Takeuchi and New Holland but not CAT.

Most of our machines have been in the 6-8,000 lbs. category on a rental basis and they have performed all of what we do.

I like the looks of the ASV equipment but wonder about durability of the build for them. The information on the features of ASV equipment make good sense and look good (like most marketing materials do) but the luster of shiny stuff lasts only so long. Do you have better visibility out of ASV machines, sit higher, do they have the grunt of a similar sized machine?

We spend as much time in dirt and fields as we do rough, rocky terrain....

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of common complaints from ASV visibility is that they should have kept on going with the side "mesh" of the cabs right down to the bottom, you can't see the sides of the tracks when the loaders are raised. They do look like you sit higher than the Cat's, but they might sit closer too, so it's a crack shot.

8. superdigger

superdigger LawnSite Member

I tried a pt-60 a month and a half ago, it was the nicest machine I have ever run. Everything seemed so smooth even though I've never used hand controlls, it took me maybe 10 minutes to figure it out. So last week I signed the papers to purchase a new SR-70 well it's got 29 hours on it so it's almost new. I put it on long term rent untill I can sell my S185 Bobshit.

9. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

My RC50 is by far the best finish machine I have ever ran.

I feel that it also has the best visibility out of any machine I have ever ran as well.

J.

10. superdigger

superdigger LawnSite Member

How many hours on your machine J?