Questions on CLIP Software.

Discussion in 'CLIP Software' started by barefoot, Aug 18, 2004.

1. barefoot

barefoot LawnSite Member

Hello,

I am currently using one of your competitors software programmes, and am considering changing to yours for reasons which I will not go into on this forum.

I have some questions for you that may help me make this decision.

Can CLIP accommodate our 10% GST 'down under' here in Australia?

Does CLIP have some type of template designer so that I can re-design the detailed 3 Part Invoice I am currently using?

Does CLIP have any custom fields at job level, or only at customer level?

Lastly, and quite importantly, we do not use route sheets but instead use a 3 Part Invoice (possibly called a route sheet invoice in the world of CLIP). We would like to be able to save our invoices in PDF format so as they can be emailed to employees that may live up to 3 hrs away from the office, and have them printed up from their end. They will then send back to the office the truck copies of these invoices at the end of each week and all data entered by the office staff. Can this be achieved with CLIP?

I apologise for the length of this post although I am sure more questions will arise with time.

Daniel Corry
    Barefoot Services Pty Ltd

2. DaveTucker

DaveTucker LawnSite Member

Lets see if I can get an answer to each of the questions you posed:

1. Can CLIP accommodate our 10% GST 'down under' here in Australia?
    Yes, CLIP is flexible in the way it charges sales tax, it is completely user-defined and therefore can accomodate almost any necessary tax situation.

2. Does CLIP have some type of template designer so that I can re-design the detailed 3 Part Invoice I am currently using?
    Yes, all of the invoices, route sheet invoices and route sheets as well as many other reports are modifiable in CLIP. We believe that you should be able to show the data in the way you want, not in the way we thought you wanted.

3. Does CLIP have any custom fields at job level, or only at customer level?
    Yes, we have custom fields in both the customer and job level. We have had this since the beginning because we know that we have not thought of everything you need so we give you a place to add your own information.

4. Can I email the Route Sheet Invoices to the crews? This is a function we are currently testing for our next release (November roll out.) We have it working for the Route Sheets but are still working on the Route Sheet Invoices. If you decide to switch over to CLIP we would love to have a dialog with you to have you help us design the interface for your needs.

Thanks for asking and have a great day (night in Aussie land).

Dave Tucker
    CLIP Software

3. barefoot

barefoot LawnSite Member

Hello Dave,

Wow, that was a quick response! Must have known I was coming.

I have recieved a demo disc already. Is there somewhere that I can view the template designer so as to have a play with it?

Daniel

4. DaveTucker

DaveTucker LawnSite Member