Questions on Lesco spreader

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by jajwrigh, Feb 19, 2005.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I just bolted on my spreader side shield and I have noticed a few things. For one I had to reposition the handles into different holes so that the shield kit would bolt on and now all of my adjustments are all out of whack! Is this normal? I also notice that the deflector is difficult to raise and lower! Any help will be much appreciated.

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Just an update...all problems are fixed. I added the side deflector kit with the manual raise and lower. I had to reverse my top bolt near the deflector so that the bolt head was closest to the hopper and the extending bolt was facing the other way. This allowed me to eliminate any clearencing issues and also allowe me to return the handles to thier factory position. :blob3:

3. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

An FYI for you...

The handles can be placed in any one of three positions depending on how tall you are and what is most comfortable for you. If you find that the handles are too high when you are pushing it they can be lowered, if you're not on the lowest setting already.

To adjust the spreader plate, you'll need a 1/2" wrench to adjust the two nuts on the rod that goes up to your on/off handle.