1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Questions on mower, z master

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JakesLawnService, Sep 5, 2010.

1. JakesLawnService

JakesLawnService LawnSite Member

Hey guys, Im starting up my business next spring and currently i have an opportunity to buy a Toro z master 44inch for a great price but have a few questions. Its an older model with the Kawasaki 17hp motor, 840 hours, NEW- tires, coils, starter relays, belts battery and blades. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this mower? How does it cut, the 17 horsepower seems a little small but maybe thats just me, any help appreciated. thanks

2. mikeslawnlandscapeohio

mikeslawnlandscapeohio LawnSite Member

I just bought the same mower 2 weeks ago, and my guys love it. It is fast and mowers nice. Same as our exmarks. Iam not sure what you are spending. I bought mine with a vac bagging system for $1800.00 It has 1100 hours on it.

3. JakesLawnService

JakesLawnService LawnSite Member

Ok cool, sounds good. Its 2200 OBO i'd say if i could get it for 2,000 and use it for a few years and get 1600 - 1800 out of it id be perfectly happy

4. mikeslawnlandscapeohio

mikeslawnlandscapeohio LawnSite Member

You will be happy with it. We like it because it will fit into a 48'' gate..