Questions that need answers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Franco, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Franco

Franco LawnSite Member

What is your opinions on listening to music on jobs.

How soon should i get T-Shirts? This is my 1st year cutting and im 15, i have about 5 jobs in my subdivision and im making good money, I get around $20 a lawn on average. I have a push mower and I use my dads weedwhacker and blower, I hope to get a truck when I turn 16, I have about $550 saved up from this summer, is that good for it being my 1st year? I also hear that the most money comes from residential not commercial, is this true? Thanks for your time.

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

No comment.
    Get one now, your naked without one.
    Raise your prices asap.
    Get a F-250 or bigger, no chevy S-10 ( looks weak )
    All year, and you only saved up $550 ( once again, raise your prices )
    Money comes from banks....
    Hope this helps.

3. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

At your age don't even think about commercial contracts. just stick with residential until you've built up some numbers. Maybe
    when your 18 or 20+ you can look at commercial jobs. Just my 2cents .worth.

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i would get at least a couple shirts made up PRONTO.

Trevor

5. Franco

Franco LawnSite Member

Cool thanks guys, I'll get some shirts made and save up for that F-250, or something with wheels.

6. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov LawnSite Member

thats cool your only 15...congrads. saving up 550 is ok. From what i get of your situation you olny work 1 day a week and have good spending money. Take some of that money and make some type of fliers of marketing and expand your business. Even if you take $50 it will come back. This is my first year and i am not going to show a profit because every time i make some money i put it right back into my company...just buying capital. So next year when i get 20,30+ contract i will be ready

Vance Trendov
    LV Lawn & Landscaping
    763-458-7412

7. ramossjr

ramossjr LawnSite Member
    from TN

Franco my hats off to ya! At age 15 I was too busy chasing girls and now I'm paying for it, because now I'm working for the man. If I had of started at an early age, I wouldn't be in the situation that I'm in now. Keep your head up and your dreams alive, as for me... I will continue to strive to work for myself and not the man. It's never too late but you're on the right path!

8. Franco

Franco LawnSite Member

Hey, it turns out my dad was getting t-shirts made for me and didnt tell me! They should be here tomarrow. My dad helps me out a lot, he lets me use his blower and trimmer in return for me cuttting our lawn, haha. Well thats some money saved, now i don't have to pay for the shirts, more time to chase the girls.

9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not agree with listening to music while you work. Especially if you are running equipment.

Get some shirts as soon as you can. Image is everything in this business.

10. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

I agree how loud do you have to have the music??.
    and if your wearing head phones ya can't hear that car about to run ya over:blob2: