Questions to sponsors?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by vaham, Jun 10, 2005.

1. vaham

vaham LawnSite Member

I had some questions for Curb Appeal USA, and at first, I thought the power outage at the server was the cause of my reply not showing up, (this was an active thread with other replies posted). When I replied a second time with the same results, I began to get a little suspicious.
    The questions I asked were for not inflammatory, derogatory, or sarcastic. Coming from someone who has 30 years in the construction industry, the issues were very legitimate.

Now before I getting my panties all bunched up, let me ask :

What happens to posts that may show legitimate shortcomings of paying sponsors products ? Are they quickly deleted ? Does money mean more than quality ?

If so, then who's interests are being served ? Certainly not the many honest lawn professionals that are the reason for this forum's success.

I am not a lawn pro, nor do I claim to be. I am however a construction industry professional with a good sense for bona fide, so please correct any misconceptions that several posts (and deletion of others)have caused me to have.

Thanks,
    CLH

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Sponsors make this site possible...but that does not mean they are free from questions and even constructive criticism. I am not aware of your post/thread and have not found anything like what you speak of to be pulled, edited or deleted. Where did you post it (what forum) and when? Who are you directing the question to? Have you used Curb Appeal machinery? If there is a problem have you tried contacting them?

3. vaham

vaham LawnSite Member

Here is the thread I replied to:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=103373

Based on the precedent established in this thread, I asked some questions. I had some questions about winter freeze/thaw effects, frost heave, control joints, etc. When my reply didn't show up the first time, I blamed it on the lawnsite server problems. When I replied again this morning, and it still did not appear........hmmm

Oh, well, so much for Curb Appeal getting my hard-earned $2600.00.

CLH

4. vaham

vaham LawnSite Member

I think this is also interesting, thogh it may or may not be related.

If you check my user stats it says 8 posts ( I know, nooobie), but if you click on "view all posts", the search will only come back with two...Also, a thread I started this morning has mysteriously dissapeared, and it doesn't show up in "view threads", either.

So, I'm pretty confused... maybe I should just move on..

If my spelling is bad, it's cause I am typing with one hand while driving....

5. vaham

vaham LawnSite Member

My error, but still doen't show on "view threads".

6. Sean Adams

vaham - first, I must suggest you calm down and relax. You are only 10 posts in at the site and already you think there is a conspiracy against you... you are barking up the wrong tree....server problem was reason for a lot of things missing and not working and the server was still being completely worked over as of this afternoon - still....relax, take a deep breath

that being said, never answered my questions....

have you used a curb appeal machine? if you have a problem have you tried contacting them?

7. vaham

vaham LawnSite Member

Sean-

As I said, I have already moved on, forgotten about it... no conspiracy theory here. I'm a pretty big boy..

To answer your question directly, no, I do not have a piece of Curb Appeal equipment, but I was very interested in it. It seemed like it would fill a niche in my local market.

The idea seemed sound on the surface, and as I am very familiar with continuous-pour equipment and proper placement of concrete (only on a much larger scale), I had some questions.

Absent of any explanation from Curb Appeal, I am forced to rely only on my own experience and training with concrete protection and placement.

I am no longer interested.

8. Sean Adams

sounds good

9. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Sean, lawnsite.com waz kool! It's now POP-UP city.??????????????

10. Sean Adams

no pop-ups from lawnsite....could be a spyware problem...might want to run a scan