Questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Pro's, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Lawn Pro's

Lawn Pro's LawnSite Member

I'm wondering if I should get a partner to help in the work. I've only been up and running about 3 months and I've got 8 customers that I mow regularly and I'm thinking about expanding and advertising. I'm in South East Texas and it's so hot right now , I'm just wondering what advise someone with more experience running a lawn care business might have to offer.

Thanks

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Stick it out or hang it up, sorry to be blunt.

3. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you planning on working full time, or just a few hours on the weekends? 8 accounts isn't that much unless it's just on your weekends, you would probably be loosing money if you hired someone else right now. Maybe if you got a lot more business though, you could hire someone else.

4. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

You defiantely don't need a partenr for 8 accounts. I'd work as long as I can alone...

5. Lawn Pro's

Well I appreciate the honesty. I do plan to expand as I was just mowing all 8 in a day by myself in about 6 hours. But if I end up mowing full time I'll need the extra help. I'm more or less mowing as a second job I'm off every other 7 days so I do have time to take on more.

6. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Wow!!! It surprises me how many people are so fast to give there profit away to employees. By the time you pay for your insurance, fuel, payroll, workman’s comp, and all the maintenance you will have…you won’t have any money.

Don’t even think about employees until you have at least 45 residential accounts. If you cant do that many alone then they are ether huge accounts or you don’t need to be in this business.

7. Lawn Pro's

I guess I'll continue on by myself for awhile. I'm still new to the lawn care business so I appreciate the advice and insite from yall.

8. Lawn Pro's

Anyone like the Lawn Pro Software?

9. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

it sucks!!!! dont waste your money

10. Lawn Pro's

what would you recommend?