questions

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by saw'doffcrew, Jan 4, 2013.

1. saw'doffcrew

saw'doffcrew LawnSite Member
    from SW MN

DVS thanks for your help, Like I said, I don't really know what the procedures are so thats why I asked for everyones help. Most of the work I've done with my boss we've never had to pull permits, Im almost positive. I tried to ask alot of questions and learn from him. Like the contractors license, in MN im pretty sure you don't need one for a landscaping business. But if your a carpenter most defintally you need your contractor license. So this is where my confusion comes in. Thanks again. any other input or advice would be helpful.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

A contract is a contract. Home owners giving deposits and trusting others to a job.

Minnesota requires anyone building or remodeling at a residential property be licensed. It doesn't matter if you're swinging a hammer or digging holes in the ground. The home owners still need a protective layer against being scammed. And contracts need to be held accountable. And that's what a contractors license is designed to do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Birchwood

Birchwood LawnSite Member

Illinois does not require a contractor license but you do need to be bonded with each village or city to pull a permit.

4. DVS Hardscaper

I could very well be wrong. You may wanna double check. As they miost certainly have their own website :). Looks to be the whole sha-bang to me!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  5. DVS Hardscaper

Looks like I'm wrong! IL requires roofers to be licensed, but that's about it! That's a$$ backwards! Why is a roofer held to different standards than anyone else taking money from consumers?
    Posted via Mobile Device