1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quic Discs

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Chris J, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Just pulled a great idea off another site:
    For those of you who like the pierce point connectors, I have several thousands of Kichler Quic Discs, product number 15509BK, which retail at $8.75 each. I'll sell for .50 cents each in quantities of 200 or more. If you are interested, send me an email through my website, or PM me. No BS here, I really have them, and I will really sell them to you at this price if you are so inclined to purchase them. They are just taking up space in my shop.
  2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Chris, let me know if anyone bites, I have a bunch too.
  3. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Yeah, I have some too, but I'm making sculptures with them. Paul, knock it off, your gonna drive Chris's price down. Let the guy have a monoploy. Better yet, he could be the distributor. Everyone send them to Chris.
  4. NiteTymeIlluminations

NiteTymeIlluminations LawnSite Senior Member

I told you put them on ebay...bags of 12 for 9.99 or something like that
  5. Chris J

Gonna do that too!
  6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I think I just pitch em with the boxes... Will start saving them. I actually played with one before and couldnt get it to work.
  7. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Hey I got it....if they dont sell we can combine them, melt them down and sell the plastic slabs to Malibu to make more lights!
  8. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Wow I am sorry everyone...reading Mike M and Chris J's posts have really gotten to me. I don't know what I was thinking........gonna go check myself in somewhere. Out
  9. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Nobody in their right mind would pay $8.75 for a wire connector. (I hope not!) We do buy 500,000 of the the Hadco LVC3 connector for a fraction of that, but it is the only cULus listed connector that was suitable for our Evening Star Accent Lights. (and it will connect 12/2 OR 10/3 to 18/2)

We've tried the Disk but it was not a UL recognized component. Are there any listing marks on the ones you guys have?

Hadco LVC3.jpg
  10. Chris J

Yes, it does have a UL listing. As far as that goes, you would be hard pressed to find anything from Kichler that is not UL listed. They are adamant about UL approved equipment, thus the reasoning for not providing transformers producing voltage above 15 volts. By the way, $8.75 is the suggested retail price. Of course no one in their right mind (contractors, that is) would pay this price, just like no one would pay the suggested retail price on most fixtures.