1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 32, Final review, and ....WOW!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Whitey4, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Pardon yet anothet htread on my new Quick 32, my first WB, but I am just blown away!

Today I used my new Husky power rake for the first time. My yard needed a light to medium dethatching pretty badly, and I wanted to use the Husky and Quick on it today before venturing out to do customer's lawns this week. The Husky is a bear to steer around, but it worked well, but one has to watch out for scalping too much on uneven truf. It ripped up plenty of dead grass and on several patches, some thatch. The debris was six inches deep in spots.

But, now the reason for a new thread. The Quick 32 with Accelerator bagger was like using a Shop-Vac to pick up feathers. I took it slowly, at a slow walk, but the Quick sucked everything up, including the thatch layers that had gotten torn up. Never bogged down in the slightest, even when the Accelerator bagger was full... even a bit over-filled. One pass was all it took. I did go back and "double cut" it, but there was nothing left to pick up on the second pass.

OK, it's my first WB, so I don't have any experience with machines this big, but I am just completely blown away at how well the Quick handled this, what I thought would be a tough job and the Quick just blew through it.

2k of turf, power raked and cleaned up, start to finish in about 50 minutes. Most of that was dethatching time... the Quick picked it all up in about 15 minutes.... maybe less.

My first real time with the Quick, and my 180's are getting good.... without divots in the turf. This machine has by FAR exceeded my expectations, even hopes for how good I hoped it would be. It's everything folks like Howard Roarke and Buckeye and the others said it would be. Many thanks to those who recommended this fine machine to me.... and thanks BOP.... for a truely fine piece of engineering.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad you like it ....You need to visit the plant sometime when your down that way.
  3. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Whitey: Thanks a lot for your review of the new Q-32. We're pretty excited about this machine and believe that it addressed a real need in the market. Sure glad to hear that you like yours! :)

As Buckeye mentioned; stop by if you're in the area! I realize it's a bit of a drive, but our annual Service School is coming up sometime in November. It's a great opportunity to learn all the "ins and outs" of your mower and to meet a daggone nice group of people. We'll feed ya like family and you'll go home a Certified-Expert in Quick mowers! A lot of the cool kids'll be there! :laugh:

Let us know if you need anything.

4. Yerkz

Yerkz LawnSite Member

Sounds great Whitey. I just ordered my Quick 44 Samurai and will be picking up on Wednesday. Can't wait!
  5. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Glad you love it Whitey, most people who aren't sure about ordering one are certainly sure after they un-crate it!

I may just have to get one of those 32's as we seem to be encountering a number of undersized gates this year.....

I plan on going down to the school this year as well. Can't wait to meet those cool kids!
  6. JustCut

JustCut LawnSite Member

Once you get your mower would you mind letting me know what you think any pros or cons will be appreciated. Thanks
    ps I'm wanting to order one

Howard....NO ORANGE IS ALLOWED IN NC DURING THIS PERIOD ....:hammerhead::drinkup:

What do you want to know ? I can tell you if your serious .....ORDER THE MACHINE....it's a great piece of equipment ...and they have a 30 day return policy...you cannot go wrong with this purchase.
  9. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

We'll see what's what in November. With our new DC, we'll have the whole country wearing Burnt Orange this year....even YOU!

LOL...not a chance. I bleed scarlet and gray