Quick 36 Aluminum Grass Catcher for fall cleanup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Aug 18, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone with a Quick 36...ever used the grass catcher for Fall cleanup?? If so...how did it do???

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to know to.. thinking about buying one myself for the fall.. wjw you still loving your mower?? great machine !!!!!!!!!!!

3. WJW Lawn

Absolutely love it!! One of the better purchases Ive made--no pun intended--, but sure would like to know how it does in the fall with that bagger....

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

The catcher does a great job.

5. cookedonphonics

cookedonphonics LawnSite Member

.... but it does fill up quickly.
    I keep a roll of lawn and leaf bags in my pocket. Then when it's full, I just dump into the bag, leave the bag right there and keep going.

Then when i'm done, I'll go back and collect the bags and get outta there.

6. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

fwiw...

It's what I use on my own yard. I have three, hundred-year-old oak trees, a 75' pecan and a bunch of smaller maples so there's a massive amount of leaves in the Fall. If I wait too long and let them get too deep, the deck wants to push them in front of the mower. But if I run over the yard about once a week, it looks like I used Mama's vacuum sweeper on it.

The gator blades help to reduce the volume of the leaves so you get more in the catcher, but you do have to stop and empty every little bit... Sure beats raking by a mile and a quarter.

Good weekend all!

Gary
    Better/

7. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

I've been wondering the same thing. Any more people with input? Yeah the mower's great. I've been trying to decide if I want the bagger or a total different machine for leaf removal.

Hey Gary.....plan on a BIG SALE for the catcher? I'd love one but it's a big chunk of money. Put 'em on SALE!!

8. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Falll sale gary and Id be more interested in one to!!! Come on gary mark em down a 100 or so boss man!!!

9. WJW Lawn

Yea!!! Put em on sale!! Id love to see a fall special.

10. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Try the grass gobbler by wright it is a great tool a little heavir than the aluminum, but hey if you can't liftit you should find another profession besides manual labor. It ussaully goes for about 204.00