Quick 36 Aluminum Grass Catcher for fall cleanup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

My friend has a grass gobbler, its at my shop right now. He let me use it for one lawn, I liked it so Im going to copy the design and build one for myself. I can justify buying one for 250$ when I can make one out of 10$of steel tubing and mesh. Got alot of time to make it now that all the grass is brown. I'll post pictures when I'm done. By the way its a 4.4 cubic foot that im extending on mine to 5-5.5 cubic foot. and as for using it for leaves, go over them once then put the bagger on when the leaves are like confetti.

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh that sounds too heavy, and I dont want to break a nail.:confused:

3. MLawns

MLawns LawnSite Member

Anyone ever tried a lawn-vac? They're great and you can dump on site if you have a place to dump.

4. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

If you extend it out to 5.5 cu ft be prepared to lift it. I have one steel catcher and two aluminum catchers. I have not used the steel catcher one time since i bought the aluminum catchers. Good luck in building one. Try to remember how heavy it will be.

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

So...Maybe a Labor day sale on the Quick 36 Grass Catcher??? Gary?? hmmmm

6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

if the deck on a Q36 is big enough id put a barral there so when its full dump it in there put it back on and keep on going. i think im gonna do that this year. just get my 50gal trsh barral and bungy corde it on there and when im done suxk it up with the loader or dump it where ever.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Dunn
    Do you have any idea whether this will fit on the new Sentar Sport? Sure wish they had device that could be quickly put in place to cover the outlet when you take off the gobbler. I hate taking the mulch plate off and one with the bolts.