1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 36 Aluminum Grass Catcher for fall cleanup?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Oct 2, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Have any of you used it for getting leaves?? Or are you planning to? I know they came down some on price...so Im curious to see if I should add it to my fall cleanup arsenal.
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Somewhat off topic........I have an accelerator that I use on my tiger cub.....it fills up in less than a minute. That was with the early leaf drop we had back in august.
    What I did was put a tarp down in the yard, and get the leaves up and dump them on the tarp and then dump the tarp when it got full or when I was done.That was better than picking up the leaves and then going to the truck or woods to dump every minute or two.

3. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

I ordered my Samurai today with the aluminum catcher. I intend for it to backup my Tiger cub with the bagging system when it is wet, or too steep.

I like the tarp Idea.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

mine works well...it fills quickly...but is super easy to dump....just do not try to dump it into a bag......
  5. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Why is that?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a BIG opening and to big for those paper lawn waste bags..trash bags you can prob fit over it...