1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

quick 36 and hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matd, Jul 7, 2006.

1. matd

matd LawnSite Member

I'm new to the forum.. found it while researching the Quick 36 i may be buying for my home use.

I've read some posts here about the mower, and generally speaking it sounds like a good mower.

I do however have a question..

The back end of my property slopes into a huge retention basin. it's a residential neighborhood, and we have a landscaper that comes like, maybe once a month to mow it along with the other common areas. I mow about 25 ft down the hill myself 2 times a week with my 21" honda wb. i do this horizontally. (takes forever)

being only a single hydro, will i be able to do the same thing with the quick 36? or am i wasting my time and should be looking for something with a dual hydro?
    i've read that some of you have some difficulty doing this with the quick, (someone even said it was 'almost useless' in this scenario)

(it's not quite a 45 degree angle, but it feels like it when i have to walk up it)

thanks

2. Ground Scapes

Ground Scapes LawnSite Member

Just if your property is large you may want to get a scag 52" walkbehind. However if you dont need this big of a moawer scag's 36" has double hydro

3. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have no trouble mowing the sides of drainage ditched with my Quick 36 and expect you would also have no problems.