1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quick 36 at expo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willretire@40, Oct 18, 2005.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

So did any one demo the super duty 36 at the expo? How did you guys like it. I want to hear everything about them. I am thinking of getting one next week.
  2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

same here - I'm almost positive that will be the 36" I'll get. They had some deals on the show demos, I read.

willretire - I notice your in Virginia Beach, my daughter just moved there last week. Know Salt Meadow Bay?
  3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

4. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I might disqualify myself from answering this thread as I did not attend said EXPO...however I do own one Q36 SD (50+ hrs since Aug) and it is a nice little machine. Excellent quality of cut (even on wet turf), bags, mulches and s/discharges great, easy to turn, lightweight and the Step-saver is also a great option works out well for us.

Me and employees are very pleased w/purchase. Beats the ole' Toro 36" belts we have.

5. EGL&L

EGL&L LawnSite Member

I too am an owner of the Quick 36, Super Duty. Have the mulcher, bagger, and the stepsaver. I could not be happier with this machine. I have over 140 hours on mine this season. As James said, and excellent cut. In fact, I find that it cuts nicer than my 44" Toro Z100.

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

the quick cuts a lot better than both my honda hrc 216, and lazer Z hp (it ain't sayin much).

I personally have never see a better discharge mower. I hope better comes out wiht a rubber chute, I leave the discharge chute up because it will scrape on the ground while turning on hills. I love the striping with the proslide too.
  7. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i met gary the owner. He and his rep inside were very nice, and down to earth. They even gave me and my buddies t-shirts. I would have demoed them, but i could not find the outdoor booth. Gary seems like a great guy, and im considering buying one the price seems right for a hydro:cool2:
  8. FZ1

FZ1 LawnSite Member

Im planning on getting the 36 in the spring and was wondering if the step saver works good since you dont have dual hydros, how do you turn?Also does the 36 stripe good with out the striping kit our should I get it?One more thing you guys that have the step saver whats the heaviest guy who uses it and does it go up small inclines and should i get the step saver? thanks
  9. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

This was the one unit I went to Expo to see. I want something smaller than my 48" and bigger than my 21" for several gated yards. I had hopes of buying one of the demo units, if I liked them, complete with the stepsaver and fall package (the bagger,gators). I was told at the get go (Friday) all were sold. (Only three were brought to the show.)

Disappointed, I did a quick demo anyway. Maybe I'll order one anyway.

As I now run a 48" belt drive Skag, I found it weird not to be grabbing for the brakes to turn. I would have liked to try out the step saver also, but one wasn't brought to the show. I think the 36 runs smooth, without much vibration. The electric start was nice. Oil changes should be easy and clean. It seems easy to maneuver (after you forget old Skag habits) and comfortable to follow. I'm 6'-4" and handles that are too short are kill my back. These felt comfortable.

I would like to try it in a real grass cutting situation, but I understand the situation at places like Expo.

Although disappointed at the show, I think I will end up placing an order soon.

Sorry for the length of the post, but that was my experiance.

10. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Out here in the great Pacific NW were not into lawn striping per se, however the Q36 does IMHO a fine job w/or without the Step-saver. Turning w/the Step-saver is not unlike turning a belt driven mower w/a velke, in fact its a bit easier. Yes the Q36 SD will pull me uphill...6'1" 190 with no problems.

The only reason the get the Step-saver or a velke for any 36" is if you have alot of trim work/tight spaces etc. on larger lawns, anything that speeds up production and allows you to run the machine at full tilt is a big plus. As an side note the Step-saver is a bit heavy and cumbersome compared to other sulky setups and for small lawns you will find yourself taking it off to make quick work of them as there is no way of attaching the Step to the machine to remove it out of your way for smaller props.