1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 36 by Better Outdoor Products, anyone use or like them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGK, Nov 8, 2006.

1. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

Anyone out there using the Quick 36 by BEtter Outdoor Products? If so how long have you used it, and how do you like it? I am considering buying one because of the low price.

Thank you

Cheap Bastard
  2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i just got a super duty about 3 weeks ago. i love it the only downside is the speed and the reverse is hard to press down. the cut is amazing. it is also easy to turn being a single hydro.
  3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

play around with the two black wires coming from the control.. i did it with mine and can hardly keep up with it now.. also use some oil on the wires makes the reverse better.
  4. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

I have the Samurai and it is a great machine. The cut is outstanding. Today I put on some gator blades for a huge leaf cleanup. My plan was to mulch up all the leaves then suck them up with my Walker mower. It mulched the leaves so well I did not even need to unload the walker. There was a little debris left but it was easily blown off. For the price it is a great machine. I would recomend it to anyone.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a great machine. It works well in all applications and it is a great leaf shredder with gators on it. The low price is a true bonus and you will love the customer service that BOP provides.
  6. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

Search this board, theres plenty of info
  7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

What about turning when on a sulky/velke?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

It will tow you around like your not even there...
  9. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have used one all season. I like it alot. I agree with speed issue but I also adjusted the cables and it got better. The thumb reverse was very stiff in the begining but mine broke in. The cut is great, it manuverable, compact and nice and light. Nothing but good things to say here.

10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I own the Samurai, and always chime in on these types of threads. You're probably reading all these comments and thinking they're too good to be true. The honest truth is...if I don't like a piece of equipment...I make it pretty known!! However...you wont find better customer service...and these guys/gals at BETTER...will take care of you every way they can!--and for me that experience has been better than even my local dealer!! As for the Samurai...it's simply the best walk-behind Ive ever used!! Most of my properties are under 1/2 acre with gated back yards, and I would never even think of using another machine. As far as power is concerned...the Samurai has a 16hp Kawi on it....I mean...COME ON!! Thats more power than you would ever need for a 36", and you still get it for an amazing price!! I can't imagine not doing business with this company...I'll always have a Quick on my trailer.