Quick 36 Does Its Job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pancoast Lawn Works, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Pancoast Lawn Works

Pancoast Lawn Works LawnSite Member

Hi Guys:

This is my first post. I started in the business last summer when I was in fear of losing my career and needed something which might offer the same income I was used to living off of. Turns out I didn't lose my job, but I keep the lawn care business. I started out with a hand-held blower, an Echo weed-eater, a 21" push mower, and a new Cub Cadet 46", residential use, riding mower.

This year, I had a buddy of mine who needed a part-time job, start working with me. He was the trim guy while I did the mowing on the rider. I felt he was pacing himself to kill time and finish the weed-eating the same time I finished mowing. I felt there was a way I could get more productivity with this part-time employee.

Because of this, I purchased a Quick 36, Super Duty. Today, we put thsis thing to use. We did five yards which normally take us about 5 1/2 hours to do together. Today, with him using the Super Duty on the fronts of these lawns and me on the sides and in the back with the rider, we finished in about four hours. This seems to have accomplished exactly what I hoped.

The Quick 36 takes some practice to get the most out of, but definately does a great job and offers a first class cut. I saved enought time today to take on two more lawns per day. At this rate, this thing will pay for itself very soon. We mowed about two and a half acres which surround two million dollars in real estate.

I have both enjoyed and learned a lot from this forum. I look forward to reading more and seeing just how much income ptential this business has to offer. Thanks for your info!

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Good story. Have any pics of the cut?

3. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

central virginia=charlottesville????

4. Pancoast Lawn Works

No, Chesterfield County, outside Richmond

5. Pancoast Lawn Works

And no pics yet. I will take some when we cut these yards again this weekend.

6. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

How was it to turn? Any sore arms or turf damage?

7. Pancoast Lawn Works

Honestly, I was a little worried at first that this thing was going to work the hell out of me doing zero turns. One lawn later, it was a piece of cake. And eight lawns under my belt, no turf damage. Still haven't been convinced its going to be any good going sideways on steep hills.

8. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

Awesome mower. Beautiful cut. But no, sideways on hills is an issue.

9. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I am not the guy who you addressed this to but here is a shot cut at 3 1/2"' with the mulch kit installed and blades that are over due for sharpening but........ few of my fat a@# foot prints in it but other than that a it's pretty clean.

front_1 copy.jpg

10. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

one more..... no striping kit installed.

-TAZ

backyard-1 copy.jpg