quick 36 electrical wiring help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by I MOW ALONE, Feb 23, 2008.

1. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

i picked up a quick 36 with a blown 13 hp briggs intek so i purchased a 17 hp kawasaki for it. i need a little wiring help hooking up the new engine. the machine has 4 wires 1 black 1 green and 2 red i know the green grounds to engine i know obviously black is the kill wire and the 2 red plugged in to the stator wires on the old engine briggs. new engine has 4 wires 1 green which is for fuel shut off silenoid 1 black which is the kill wire and 2 white which come from the stator and plug into a regulator third prong on regulator is empty. i know to hook black to black but i need to know which of the red wires coming from machine go to regulator to charge battery and which red wire goes to the green wire for the fuel silenoid ? funny thing is i tested with a light and one of the red wires is hot all the time even with key off and the other has no power with key on or off. can someone help please. thanks

2. I MOW ALONE

here is a photo of the 2 red wires in ?

lawnmower 003.jpg

3. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

Yup..them two red wires....

let me look it up..but there is three other poster for help*trucewhiteflag*

4. I MOW ALONE

i know can moderator delete the other two posts puter freaked out.

5. I MOW ALONE

also can someone with a quick tell me where the red wire with the fuse hooks up too it was cut when i purchased machine. i think it goes to + post of battery because the starter wont work unless hooked up to battery but just want to be sure. here is a photo of the wire. thanks

lawnmower 007.jpg

6. I MOW ALONE

out of all the quick owners out there nobody can tell me where the red wire with the fuse hooks up to ?