quick 36 gutz of the 13 hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KBW, Mar 13, 2007.

1. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

From what I've been hearing, the 13 hp on the super fox has plenty of power. I'm told it may not be as gutzy as the 14.5 or the 16 , however, its power is perfectly adequate? I do not need elec. start and I do not want to spend any more money than I need to. If I am mulching leaves and using the step-saver, will I regret getting the 13hp? I do realize i could just get the 16 kawi and have no regrets, however, I do not want to spend the extra money if it's not necessary. I do not need the best but I want what will do the job and do it well. I am a part timer and weigh aprox. 215 lbs. Any comments?....kbw

2. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

Where are the 13 hp Quicks ?

3. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

On my trailer.

It's nice.

4. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

Marckxman--- Do you use the step-saver? If yes, what do you think? Are you ever lacking any umpf?.......thanks

5. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

No step saver, I just walk.

I think the power is fine. I have mower several very tall lawns and it went through just fine. Around here lawn are mostly rye which has a VERY high moisture content and I have yet to feel that I lack the power even on slopes. The only real hassle is that I find I need to clen under the deck frequently but that is probably mostly due to the conditions and grass type here and is not a power issue.

I think the main reason for getting a Super Duty or Samuri would be just having a true commercial quality engine. Since I am a solo operator and plan on doing frequent oil changes, I think the Intek was a good choice for me.