Quick 36 is a great mulching mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hwew, Oct 6, 2006.

1. hwew

hwew LawnSite Member

I just cut some lawns two days ago with the Quick 36 equiped with Mulching Plate and Gator Blades that I installed. It did a great job! The leaves were cut very fine and the mower striped very nicely. I am very impressed with this combination. I highly recommend this combination to anyone that is thinking about mulching a quick 36.

2. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to hear it. I plan to buy one next year and that's exactly what I want to put on it. My local dealer used to only carry the crappy Troy-Bilt 33" but now that they are no longer made, he has the Quick 36 in his showroom. Looking forward to trying it out. Have only heard positive comments about it.

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You will not be disapointed..Mulch,bag,side discharge..the mower is great..Customer service and quality of machine and cut cannot be beat.....and the price is also very nice. you will not break the bank to have a true commerical product.

4. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get the striping kit from Better ?

5. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

I thought Better did not use dealers and sold everything straight from the factory? Maybe they have a different policy when it is Canada.

6. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I am interested to see how the gators perform when you get into damp conditions. I have had allot of success mulching with the standard highlifts.
    -TAZ

7. hwew

hwew LawnSite Member

I do not have a striping kit.
    It stripes well without one.

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

9. hwew

hwew LawnSite Member

I just finished mowing a wet lawn while there was a light rain with the Quick 36 with Gator Blades and Mulching Plate and it did a great job. Grass was topped off approx. 1" - 2" and it mulched so you cannot see clippings. There were leaves at some places and they were ground up very fine. Most of the larger pieces were the size of a dime.

After mowing I raised the mower deck to see how it looked and to my surprise it was pretty clean. The amount of clippings might of filled a small coffee can. I say that is very good since we had rain on and off most of the day.

10. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

No Better factories up here. :canadaflag: The next closest dealer was an hour drive away so I didn't get one before. Too far for service.
    Most equipment in Canada comes from the U.S.A :usflag: A lot of you guys have a much longer cutting season. We only have about 4 weeks without snow up here. :rolleyes: