quick 36 issue. I need help/advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pvs landscaping, Mar 31, 2007.

1. pvs landscaping

pvs landscaping LawnSite Member
    from mass

Hello, Thank you in advance for reading all this. Here is my situation. On March 7th or 8th I called Better and ordered a Quick 36 Samurai and was told that they were just waiting for engines that would be in early the following week and I would have my mower built and delivered on the 16th. I did not hear from the delivery service and called Better on the 17th. I was told that they were waiting for just one part, a stabilizer bar and that I would get delivery by the 30th. Yesterday was the 30th and I called Better to check on the shipment. I was told that my mower will be built next week??? and I would get delivery in the second week in April. I asked why it needed to be built when on the 17th all I needed was a bar and I was told they are waiting on engines. I saved all winter for this mower because I really wanted the Samurai because it is so highly recommended on lawn site. Now I am worried because I got two clients in the best neighborhood in my city and I see great potential there but I need a mower. I could lose clients, should I wait and take a chance that it will be in a week and a half. If it takes this long then what happens if it goes down, do I have to wait weeks for parts to fix it. I trust this company is in good shape and will be around. From everything I read about Better I have faith in their product but I can go to Boston Mower and get a Gravely today. Has this happened to anyone else? Would you guys cancel the order? I don't know what to do.........

2. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Paul,

Saw your post so I thought I'd check it out for you.

Business for Better Outdoor this Spring has been brisk (to say the least). As a result, many of our suppliers have had to scramble to provide more components than were initially scheduled. This has resulted in a brief wait for machines. We ship orders in the order in which they're received.

Your order was received on Wednesday March 14th at 4:42 PM. Respectfully, you may be mistaken about being told your machine would deliver on the 16th as we've been running a waiting list since mid-February.

Engines are scheduled to hit our dock Monday morning (4-2). Your Samurai will be built on Monday and shipped Tuesday (4-3). Your Serial Number has already been assigned which is 105-03460.

Two days transit time to Massachusetts and one additional day for your home delivery option, should have you mowing by the weekend.

Hope this helps.

Gary

3. pvs landscaping

from mass

Hello Gary,
    Thanks for responding. I thought that I was off a week. Ok, I ordered on the 14th and told delivery would be the 20th. When that week went by I was told the following week. Yesterday I received my third delivery date. If I was told it would come early April I would not have been calling. I was disheartened after I read dannyboy20's post titled quick 36, two responses to him were that they just ordered and will be receiving in a week. Knowing this I hope you could understand my reason for concern. If I was told at the initial day of ordering that it would be April something I would not have had an issue but I understand with spring here you are busy. As a customer that is good to hear.
    I got all my info on your mowers from lawn site and everyone that has one says its the best. I have gotten nothing but great advice from this site and value the members feedback. If I had known that I could have contacted the owner of the company I would have chosen that route.
    I am not the kind of person that would spend this much money on something that I have not seen in person especially a machine like this. I have that much faith in your product and reputation. Looking forward to getting it.
    Thanks again Gary.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess it is apparent that you don't want to wait until the last minute to order stuff and then expect it immediately. Maybe you want to order a few extra belts and things for this unit if it is that critical to your operation.

5. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

If you have customers lined up and you might lose them due to lack of a mower, I don't think I'd be hanging around waiting on a promise...go get a mower locally and put you business first. If you can wait a little, I'm sure the guy at Better products will do all he can to help you out...really depends on how much time you have.

Boston lawnmower's a little expensive, but you'll be mowing tomorrow.

6. pvs landscaping

from mass

Hey hess, stick your sarcasm. A month early? last min. wake up. and ya, i ordered extra. Thats for the advise.....next time...save your time

7. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

the problem here is that he got promised 3 different shipping dates from the company and they keep changing them,
    that will piss anyone especially when you are paying for shipping and that kind of money.
    If Im paying bigbucks in something,I don't need lame excuses about it, just tell me straight up,Sorry we made an inventory mistake and we out of stock and we expect next shipment soon,if you can't wait we refund your money sorry for the inconvenience.
    PVS thanks for the info,I'm also planning on buying a mower and was checking out the quick ones and these feedbacks are needed.

8. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Did I miss something? I didn't detect any sarcasm in the above post ... just good, sound advice.