Quick 36 Mulch Kit and Service Pack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Feb 16, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I am looking at purchasing a Quick 36 for this coming season. Will probably go with the SuperFox model with 13 Briggs. My question concerns mulching with this machine - do you need to buy the Gator blades or will the stock blades do as good (or better) job? Also - for those that have purch. a Quick, is the Service Pack (belts, extra set of blades, etc) a good initial up front purchase. I will be mowing about 12 accts weekly and by no means will be running the mower ragged with wear.

Thanks.

2. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

don't worry about all the xtras, but do yourself a favor and geat the samurai with electric start. I know its $600 dollars more, but the engine quieter smoother and more powerful, also you will have electric start which is great because pull start can be a pain on bigger engines. If you plan on mulching the xtra power will definitley come in handy. I know if you get into a bine you can get belts from NAPA auto parts.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

bump - need more opinions

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the gators...get the sam if you can afford it.

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Last Dec I bought the Quick Samurai with the landscaper propak. I wanted to get the accelerator catcher, mulch plate, extra blades and parts that I just might need. I also bought extra gators. I have 2 sets of each blade. I also bought the Step saver since I will be targeting some larger properties in my area. I've have always been of the mind set more power is better so I bought the Samurai.

As for mulching I can't answer that now. We mainly have northern grass here. When May rolls around I will be giving a review of how good of a mulcher the Q36 is compared to the Toro "Super Recycler" 21"mowers. I've been told that the Quick is a better side / discharge bagger than a mulcher. I've never used the mower as of yet so the jury is out for me. Just get the Gators and try them out.

In all fairness I believe you can't go wrong with the BOP mowers to give your business a solid boost in productivity and profits. I didn't have ton of mowing account last year but I quickly realized all the back and forth walking with a 21" was not going to work for me. My business model has no current plans for any ZTR mowers just yet. I am toying with the idea of adding a Quick 44. Or possibly a Toro 48" WB with a mulch kit that will cost much more $ than the Quick44. This all depends what kind of growth and accounts I land for 2008.

Just order from BOP before the next price increase. :)

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Get at least 1 set of each type of blades (i.e.-both high lift and gator blades) as well as the mulch kit and Step Saver !! I would recommend the Samurai, however, that's up to you. The answer to your question is yes, you can multh with the high lift blades, however, for things like Fall and Spring clean-ups you would probably do beter with the Gator blades. For mulching during the regular season the high lift blades wo do just fine. Hope this helps.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

You guys have all been a good help.
    Consensus I get is have both sets of blades - can mulch with stock blades for regular season but fall leaf mulching gators are better.
    Also consensus to get the Samurai over the other two models. And I was hoping to go with the Fox for my budget purposes.....:)

8. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Had my Sami about two years now and replaced a belt and cable. I got the spare kit with it, but I don't bother with the gators. Hi-lifts seem to work fine with the catcher.

I fabed my own sulky but don't use it much - prefer walking.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Thanks Ron for the advice.

10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

BOP shared their opinion that the Hi-Lifts worked out as best all-around grass~blade whether bagging/side-discharging/mulching - while the Gators were best for leaves.

Am guessing there are significant regional differences, so everyone's mileage will likely vary...

I'll try both and report back later this Spring.