quick 36 mulch kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Sep 30, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice mulch kit they have.. finally got mine on today.... leaves are falling good now so I decided better start mulching... eveyrone else happy with the quick 36 mulch kit?? How does it handle longer grass?? Im sure it does great just wondering...

2. lawnguy170

lawnguy170 LawnSite Member

I really like the mulch kit for mine. MOST of the time, it doesn't leave any visible clippings. When the grass is a little long though, it does leave a small strip of clippings on the right side of the deck. I usually just raise the front of the deck up one caster 1/2" and go back over the windrow strips with the blades on. This seems to dispurse the clippings really well and it doesn't take but about 5 extra minutes for a 10,000 sq ft lawn.

brad

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that..mine works well most of the time....talll wet grass sometimes leaves that clump on the right hand side.......but usually I can re cut a few areas or just disperse the clippings with my blower....

4. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Mine has served me well up until a few weeks ago when the weather turned cold and it's been rainy. I don't have too many clumping issues but the deck is getting allot of pastey buildup now. Up until then though I had no problems with it. I had better results with it than my XS Ultra Cut lazer with the mulch kit.

-TAZ