1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 36 or 36 Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Nov 1, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We are starting our condo place next mowing season and there are a lot of smaller tight places to mow. Way too many tight places for any type of bigger Z turn, just enough room for a 36". I know a lot of you guys have the Quick 36's but I kinda need some speed to make things go a little faster, more so than walking, and it's too tight to use a sulky of any type. What are some of your guy's thoughts? Will a stander save me considerable time vs. the Quick 36 or not? And are they as manuverable as they look? Thanks in advance.:waving:

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

The Quick 36 is light and very manuverable...They are heavy duty and always start ..you will not be disappointed.
  3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

The wright senater sport 36'with rapid height adjustment. Is what i would get much faster machine,the quick 36 is a nice mower thou.:waving:
  4. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

The 36" Wright Stander w/ Rapid Hite adjustment.
    17 HP Kawasaki w/ Electric Start.

Make the Wright move, you'll be glad you did.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Stander all they way. More maneuverable and efficient than a walk-behind.

I have experience with a 36" Gravely hydro walk-behind and a 36" Stander, so I know from experience.
  6. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

You could get a stander or you could get 2-3 quick 36's Personaly ive heard good things about both of them. I think it depends one the crew size.
  7. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

or you could get a great dane super surfer i know they come only in a 48'' deck and i mow at condos and they have very small lawns and it worked perfectly on that place
  8. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

but he has to get threw gates that only 36's can git threw so ya.
  9. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have a similar sounding property coming up.

Things I have considered when thinking of using my current Wright 36, or getting a Quick are.

The Stander is more abusive to turf when turning, and more prone to rut. Some of my properties will be soft and prone to damage. The Quick would have the advantage.

If the properties are tight it seems the Quick is an excellant mulcher. This would save a bunch of time compared to bagging with the Stander with tight beds that need to be clean, plus you would not have the large bagger adding to the width of your machine in a tight area.

The Stander will be faster if you can utilize the Speed.

The Stander is Super manuverable but there is sacrifice in turf damage if you do not baby it in tender grass.

The Stander will cost nearly twice what a Quick would cost.

I would imagine from the reports the Quick will give a better quality of Cut.

If I land the association bid, I will buy a Quick 36. I will not spend nearly 5k on a machine that is prone to turf damage by tearing on turns, rutting, and leaves an average cut quality in the best of conditions.

That is my take.
  10. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

oh yea forgot about the 36'' gate in that case i would definitley go with the quick 36 samurai thos are about the best mowers for the money. i cant wait till the qick 44 comes out