Quick 36 or 36 Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Nov 1, 2006.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The cut is just fine on the Stander....great mulcher lot of power and the Sentar 36" has wide tires little turf damage once you learn to drive it. Isn't Quick a single hydro....not what is needed in tight spots. And it is nice to be able to sit down on Sentar Sport. And the profile of stander is small so condo kind of customers are less like to complain than a 36"ZTR, and fits nicely in trailer. The 17hp Kaw with electric start is also nice.

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I am glad you are happy with the cut on your stander. I personally find it decent in ideal conditions, and down right poor if there is a lot of growth or if there is moisture.

I am not aware of a mulch kit for the 36 stander, can you give me some info? Last I heard it was only a plate to block off the opening. My unit is a 2002 I believe if that makes any difference.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Thanks for all the feed back, now I'm really torn,lol. I think Better Quick needs to get some demo's out to us because the video's and brochure's just don't cut it for me. I know there's a ton of testimonial's out there but I really don't rely on other people's experience's vs. seeing and using it first hand. And I know they have a 30 money back guarantee but I really don't want to go through that hassle. Please keep the thoughts coming, thanks.

4. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

J&B,

Give us a ring here at the plant and we'll try to hook you up with an owner nearby so you can take a look.

Toll-free 866-290-7295

gp

5. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

If you were considering spending the money on either the Wright Stander or the Quick 36, but then decided on the Quick 36; you might as well go with an Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36. If you think that Quick 36 can deliver a nice cut, then you haven't seen anything yet.

I have a Wright Stander 32, and am about to purchase the Stander 36 w/ Rapid Hite Adj. Oh, and talk about wet ground conditions, that's what South Louisiana is all about; and the Wright does just fine down here.

The Wright is definitely precise with regard to it's maneuverability capabilities - I can attest to that. And the cut results are excellent for us - wet or dry turf. Best of all, Wright definitely does not under-power their machines.

The reason that I chose the Wright Stander is because it most certainly gets in and out of very tight spaces with little effort.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Our 2006 Stander came with the mulch kit.....all I know is they have some baffles around each blade to sorta isolate each side and the outlet is blocked. We mowed some wet rye grass while it was raining and it did better than the Walker or Scag....? I am definitely not an expert on stripping quality cuts but the cuts looks okay to me from the Stander.

7. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

And you are welcome to come play with my Samauri. Heck my lawn needs to be cut so come on over any time!
    pc

8. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Let me just add a little info. Last season, I recieved the contract from an association for a 140 unit condo complex that also had 8 acres of common area. The units are indevidual structures. Lots of tight places and lots of trimming. We purchased a Quick 36 Fox. I love this machine. Very light, manuverable, perfect cut, and many more pluses. I will say, that after a 8 hour day at the condos, the guy running the 36 was dead. Having to use your body to turn the machine for 8 hours, will drain you. I don't regret one ounce of buying the Quick, I just wish that it was easier on the muscles. I never had the first problem in areas that had poor drainage, as far as rutting is concerned. 36" gates were not a problem. We were even able to get it threw 34"(against code) gates. So good luck with your decision. Send me a PM if you want more info or pics.

P.S. the folks at Better Outdoor Products were great with customer support.

9. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Will you be using this unit on other yards? If it will benefit you on more than one property and increase your productivity than a stander all the way. Otherwise you are stuck with a $5500 unit on the trailer all day for one client.

If it is just one client you need the 36" for than go with the quick 36. Its half as expensive and does the same job.

10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I would buy a stander. More productivity + less walking = more payup payup