Quick 36 or 44?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by metro36, Jan 14, 2007.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

All right guys,
    I have finally made up my mind about the mower I will be buying for next season. I would like to purchase a Q36 sammy or a Q44 sammy. Which one would you guys chose for flat properties 1/2 to 1 acre. Gates are not really an issue and most properties are wide open with maybe one or two obstacles to trim around in the middle of the lawn.
    Any input would be appreciated.

2. vkurt711

vkurt711 LawnSite Member

I also run 21" machines and I am "stepping up" to a Q36 machine. Thought about the 44", but gates are a bit of an issue and I feel the 36" would fit my business model and small trailer better.

3. metro36

I will be buying a big trailer (probably 5x10 or 6x12) so both machines would fit and I only have 1 gated property which has a small backyard so the 21" will do fine.

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

go with the 44 if gates are not an issue.

5. metro36

Any body else want to add anything?

6. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I agree if you don't plan on picking up gated accounts or don't mind using the 21" get the Fast 44. My quick 36 was money well spent. Who can go wrong for 3000?

7. metro36

Thanks guys.
    I will hopefully be ordering one in at the end of the month or in February because I don't want to have it sit around until next season but I want the free freight offer.

8. metro36

Alos
    Does anybody on or close to Long Island own a q36 sammy?

9. metro36

Bumping...