quick 36 or billy goat 33

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nitrotim, Dec 24, 2004.

1. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Billy goat is true commercial equipment.Local dealer here trying to sell the 2004 stock.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I don't think that billy goat is a hydro. the better quick is.

GEO

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking the same thing.

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

quick 36!!

the reasons I bought a quick 36 over the billy goat are:

1. it is a single hydro while the billy goat is a belt drive.

2. it has 3 blades instead of 2 (most 36's) which puts less strain on the on each spindle so they last longer.

3. you get a better deal becuase your buying factory direct (instead of pay for a dealer's 40 percent markup).

4. gary really stands behind his product and believes in it.

5. it has electric start with recoil backup.

if I were you I would either call gary or E-mail him. he can tell you all about the mower and give you more referances.

btw, if you do decide on the quick 36 I would wait until the new year. they are planning on putting a 16hp briggs commercial or 16hp kohler engine on it.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

don't know about the Q36" but the BG33" is a Horrible Machine...Bad Cut...Bad Deck Design.

7. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

Ditto, I wouldnt recomend the Billygoat.
    I bought one at the begining of last season. it is VERY hard to manuver on small propertys. Bad cut on warm weather grass, and the the 15hp briggs is very thirsty engine.

BTW... it does have 3 blades and electric start, the blades dont overlap and leaves lines of uncut grass

8. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i would never buy another belt drive again. had one and hated it.

the Exmark blades do not overlap either.....but cuts damn nice.

i have heard great things about the Quick lately.

9. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

I've chatted with Jarry and I'd trust what he has to say, before doing what he does now, he was just like one of us guy's out on the property's cutting grass. they have more options for their machine, and HE's got a big surprise coming out and the end of January, talked with me about it and it's going to be nice.promised i wouldn't spread around what it was. I can't wait to see what they come out with next thou. I'm buying one of his machines as soon as the season kicks back in. well worth the investment inmy opinion.

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner :D :D

10. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

This is the third time I've heard about this so-called "big surprise" that is going to make all our lives easier in this biz.I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm just glad everybody on Lawnsite doesn't take this approach in sharing information about products to improve our business. Otherwise, the topics would be limited to the weather.