1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

quick 36 or toro 48 belt for .5 acre

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bstroman, Jan 8, 2007.

1. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

Ok, sold my craftsman this weekend and need to get really serious about a mower. I think I rather have a walkbehind looking at quick 36 and talked to gary about the 44 that should be out in february. I also am looking at the toro belt drive 48 or 40 with t bar. Please need honest opinion I will be putting a sulky behind it to mow my dads 2 acre lot. However both lots are flat with no hills. Which will be easier and faster to cut with
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought the Toro T-Bar 48" 15hp kaw Gear drive W/Turbo Force Deck and got the Tru Trak sulky with it. Its a very nice rig and built alot heavier than the quick 36 and better service all the way around. I have been using Toro's Proline walkbehinds since the mid 90s and could'nt ask for a better mower. Just waiting for spring to get here so I can try it out.
  3. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I would wait and get the Fast 44. You will save time in tight spots with the hydro. If all you plan to mow is open space with no tight spots i would get a toro t bar. If you plan to expand and get smaller properties get the Fast 44.
    For me i love my Quick 36 but it depends what you plan to d with it. If you are only doing it with what you listed get the 48" toro.
  4. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

toro and quick are the same price online. I have to say the deck looked better on the toro. Adjustable baffles
  5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Where are you looking? A Q 36 superfox is like $2k delivered to your door, a 48" Toro T-bar w/ the Turbo-force deck MSRP is $3,200.
  6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

BTW for a half acre I'd go with the Toro, if you get a sulky, you'll love the 6.2mph speed.
  7. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

toro t bar new on ebay 2599 48 inch turbo force deck.