Quick 36" or ZT 36" ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Happy Frog, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you think?
    A Quick Samurai 36" with step saver and mulch kit at $3,150.00 or a ZT 36" at $5,000.00 (few models to choose from)?
    I like both but I need to make a choice and I am interested in earring the pros and cons. :rolleyes:
  2. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC. LawnSite Member

With this new season upon us and the success of advertising, I find myself looking to add a 36". I've researched all the big names and keep coming back to Toro's new offing coming this fall. Don't know yet if it will come in a 36 but won't hesitate to buy it if it does. I have seen the demo on their web site and w/ you standing on a platform connected to the machine itself eliminating extra wheels on the turf plus the small footprint in my trailer was all I needed to see. Yeah I know there are standers out there now, but I have this thing for Toro's.
  3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure about the price of a Toro stander...
    The Quick is a great machine for sure and I can get a real nice ZTR for under 5K...
    I am wondering on how bad a ZT 36" can rut on soft turfs
  4. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

One of the mods, I forget his/her name, had a thread showing pics on their new Gravely Z, they were mentioning how huge the wheels were and for sure, especially the castors were VERY wide. Not sure how expensive it was though (I don't even have a Z)
  5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

As for which mower to get it all depends on what type of mowing you will be doing. The Z will be more comfortable for longer periods of time. But if you are just mowing for a little time then the Quick would be better. Also the Z will cover more ground in less time enableing you to finish lawns quicker.
  6. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

My opinion is the quick 36. The one I bought has been a great value. I have no complaints with the mower, but I do want to see them build a dual hydro at a good price.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

We need to know they types of areas you intend to use this machine in? Open mowing , tight residential ...large acreage ?? Z's cost more to run and maintain and RUT TURF...
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So why do they need a dual hydro? All the feedback is the unit turns easy?
  9. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

I have one property that I do and it has a bank that scares me. I can't ride it and it has shrubs on both ends and a fence at the top and a curb at the bottom so I can't go up and down. I do it with my 36 and it was fine until they put irrigation on it also. I asked them to not run that zone on the day I mow but you know how that story goes. I tried a toro super recycler and that didn't work well. My hustler T-bar hydro would slide. But I think independent hand controls on a dual drive might work best.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably to add choices....different price points ...appeal to a broader customer base