1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 36, Personal Pace, Home Depot and other general questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BBN, Dec 6, 2006.

1. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

I threw this all together in one thread to not clutter the board with multiple new threads. I hope each one can get answered.

First of all, I plan on saving up some money and getting a Quck 36 from their website. What's everyone's opinion on the Quick 36? Seems like so far I've heard great things. What is the weight of one of these machines?

I bought a Toro Personal Pace in August to use as part of my equipment next season. I still have books and receipt to it. The thing has never been used, sitting in my garage covered up and in fact has never been unfolded. Would Home Depot take this mower back at the retail price I paid or would they only pay me clearance price which was much less. I fgured if I could get full retail back that would be about $400 more toward saving for a quick 36.

Should I just hang onto my personal pace for smaller jobs and tight places? Thanks
  2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

you can try and take it back if they will not give you the money back then keep it. It will come in handy at times
    From what i have read on this site the quik 36 is a great mower good luck
  3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

IMO I would hang onto the personal pace. It might be the ticket for smaller jobs area.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both the Toro and a Quick 36 Samurai ..Keep the Toro for tight spots or small gated back yards....you never know what you might get into...The Quick 36 from BOP is GREAT !! I cannot say enough about the product and the customer service you will get from them. Good luck !
  5. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

wow, thanks for the quick responses!!! Anyone know the weight of the Quick 36?

BTW, here it is only December and all this talk is itching me to death. I wish I could quit talking and get to the work. Do all you seasoned vets get this way in the winter too?
  6. cookedonphonics

cookedonphonics LawnSite Member

Every year around this time I am just glad to be done for the year...lol

The "itch" for me doesn't start until the middle of January or so....
  7. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

It'll be my 2nd season this spring and yes I am already getting the itch to start!

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

It's right around 300 lbs...far less than most WB's ....
  9. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

Is just over 300# I like mine a lot. My wife is able to run it pretty easily. The quality of cut is excellent. I wish the deck cleared slightly better.

I have been running gators and the side discharge or bagger, In the future I will run the full mulch kit.

Height adjustment is not difficult, however it requires a socket (an open end or box wrench does not fit easily.)

I added the lights to make life easier when finishing fall cleanups in the dark.

In addition, I made the discharge chute a quick disconnect with no tools, by welding cut off bolts onto the guard. The guard attaches to the chute in the same manner as the accelerator bag does. Tip the guard up, line up the bolts, slide forward, rotate down, mow.

I am not disappointed in the machine at all. I typically am not satisfied unless I buy the best. this usually means most expensive. Not in this case.

The quick 36 was a good purchase. I use it primarily for trimming and under trees as most of my accouts are near 1 acre either way.

If I ever added another crew, I would add a nother Q36.
  10. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get one. I know they say they'll ship to certain dropoff points. Are these only bigger cities?