1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Quick 36 Questions For You Owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touchofpride, Jan 14, 2007.

1. touchofpride

touchofpride LawnSite Member
    from NE

Hi, I'm a one man opperation, really considering the quick 36 this season. Just hard to buy something you can't look at in person or try so want to ask you owners some questions. Did you use their financing if so what was it like?
    Have you had breakdowns and needed parts what was that experience like and did they get you what you needed fast? How well does the sulky work?
    Any pics of your guys model would be appreciated as well. I have a smaller enclosed trailer and like that it's compact so I don't have to upgrade the trailer, one pic sitting next to a push mower would be even better. Thanks in advance.
  2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

No breakdowns! Needed a belt (which was my fault) Had it to me the next day. Don't have a sulky, but Ive heard they work great. Their customer service is great!! It sounds like you are alot like me...a one man show...keeping a small, tight setup (though Im getting a bigger trailer in a month for debris hauling purposes)...The honest truth is the Quick 36 is a great machine. It's light...and fits through all my gates, and gives terrific cut. I'll take a pic and post tomorrow of my current set up
  3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I've broken a few cables and replaced a couple of spindles and the belts. I think that's it.

Their customer service really is second to none - I have even spoken to Gary a time or two.

My only issue is that it tends to clump when mowing wet bermuda and it will sometimes skip the really long stuff.

The cut is second to none though when mowing in regular conditions. It is also very lightweight and will not rut except in very bad conditions - like when you are sinking into the turf as you are walking on it.

I have 2 of them and will probably purchase a couple more this season. Also, my subcontractor is looking for a WB and I am recommending the Quick to him as well. Also, I have 200 or so regular accounts - just so you know that I use these for more than just weekend beer money.
  4. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

I'm in this same boat. If you're thinking about replying and don't know if you want to spend the time, I think both the OP and I would appreciate it very very much!
  5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i don't have any pictures bit my Quick 36 is 2" shorter than my toro personal pace. great cut, customer service is amazing. There is no way you can go wrong with a Quick 36. I hope to be picking up a Fast 44 mid season.