Quick 36 queston?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Skeelow, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

After reading several posts I see people posting about the Quick 36. Is this a mower made by a company like Exmark or is a general reference for all 36 inch mowers. How much do they cost and who makes them? Just wondering. Thanks.

2. VMcNeill

VMcNeill LawnSite Member

3. Skeelow

Skeelow LawnSite Member

What would be the better mower to go with. I"m mowing 7 to 10 yards max a week ranging from 1/2 acre to 2 acres some with hills some completely flat. I'm looking for reliability and least maintenance as possible.

Should I go with an Exmark 48 inch belt drive - a bigger cut

OR

a Quick 36 hydro

This is a part time job for me. Please help me decide what would be the best mower.

4. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

That is a question that I don't think anyone can answer but you. The obsticles you have to mow around and how tight some of area's are to fit the mower in. Personaly I would not want to mow 2 acres with a 36" mower. Also consider your mower as an investment. Are you going to aquire more lawns? What size type might they be?

I do own a Q36 and it is a good unit for the 1/2 - 3/4 acre stuff. Manuverabilty is really good and it's cut is top notch. The convience of hydro is outstanding.

Maintenance wise you might have a few more issues with the belts but they shouldn't be that big of a deal. Both are good units.

-TAZ

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Id suggest the Quick 36...first off these are WELL built machines for the price you pay. Also...if you have gated yards...you better buy a push mower with that 48...or you'll be screwed. My Quick 36 Samurai fits through every gate I have...handles every job I have...and is the best investment Ive ever made in my young business.

Also..dont forget...the Quick is hydro...and that beats the hell out of any belt drive ive ever used. But...its your call.

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that

7. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

for part time quick 36, for full time hustler

8. rogdogg

rogdogg LawnSite Member

I'm interested in the quick 36,but i wish i could get one through my dealer. I guess one saves money by ordering them direct, but i need my dealer for repairs. I'm not too mechanicly inclined, and don't have alot of time on my hands-and my dealer wouldnt be too psyched on me gettin stuff away from his shop.....no cutsies on emergency repairs etc....

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Look, most anything that breaks on a Quick 36....even though you arent mechanically inclined...can be repaired EASILY....I think they set it up that way on purpose. As far as the engine...Im sure there is another dealer that works on Kawi's...or Briggs. I broke a belt on mine ...which was my fault... i thought i was going to be down for a while....I called Quick on a Saturday.... they told me which belt to buy...and where to get it....AND sent me a replacement for no charge on Monday. I was down for about an hour. Honestly...I was like you....but Ive been curious...and have really looked around on my machine...and can tell you...it wouldnt be impossible to repair this stuff....which is why they sell replacement parts on their website. They have great customer service...and sent me my machine in 2 days...THE WHOLE MACHINE...they dont have a problem getting a part to you fast either.

10. rogdogg

rogdogg LawnSite Member

Cool, sounds like a good buy, thanks for the input. Maybe if I make it through winter with my wallet intact, I'll consider it for next year.:drinkup: