Quick 36 SD speed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr.Mow-It-All, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what the speed is? I assume prolly 6 mph. Thinking of buying one in a couple of months (hoping they have a special like they did in the fall). Any other comments from you owners of the SD would be great. I couldn't find the specs on garys web site. Haven't quite made my mind up yet. Thanks

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I 'm testing one right now for TURF magazine and I do believe it is 6 MPH forward and I can tell you that it travels as fast as you'd want on a WB.

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I have only had my Q36SD a short time. I ordered the Fall special with the catcher gators ect. The above post pretty much says it. It will go as fast as you would want to walk with it. Not slow at all, unless you want it to go slow.

4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

from the web site ..

Speed Control - Convenient Hand Control Provides Infinitely Variable-Speed So You Can Choose Your Most Comfortable Pace From 0-5 MPH in Forward, And 0-2 MPH In Reverse

5. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

5 mph is the top forward speed but it cuts great! I have a lot of hrs. on my SD. very easy to use, and maintain i'm waiting for them to come out with a 48 or larger deck. I will be buying one as soon as they do.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Mr Bugget

How do you like your woods mowing machine??

7. Mr Budget

Better Then the BETTER i get to sit down,!! really, the the ztr has its place in cutting lawns it is much quicker with a larger deck too

8. John Gamba

from ct

Gravely did alot of improvements to the out-front woods compared to the grasshopper back in the day.

John

9. Mr Budget

I have found most LCO don't want to use this kind of mower due to its out front deck. not because the deck is out front but because it takes up more room to transport on the trailer due to the design. i love the out front deck it mows under trees with ease

10. John Gamba

from ct

It also leaves a better cut, no heavy tires pushing the grass down:)