Quick 36 Shipping Crate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 24, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Just got a call that my Quick mower is in at the trucking dock. Time to take the 5x8 open trailer to pick it up. Question...how big is the 'container' that the mower is in? I am assuming as big as a single pallet (4x4?) and about 4 feet tall as well? Need to know as I need to bring a big enough tie down strap to throw over it. Any help from you Quick owners would be appreciated, thanks!

2. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

DA:

54" Long X 42" Wide X 41" High :waving:

gp

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

And you will need two crow bars to get it opened! Those crates are built like bomb shelters!:laugh:

4. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

Better give the terminal a call first to find out if they can get it down to the height of your trailer. The terminal that mine came into only had loading platforms that were 4-to-5 feet above the ground. I had expected they would put it on my trailer with a forklift that would come down to parking-lot elevation, but that wasn't possible. I had a couple of 6-foot long 2x12, fortunately, and we were able to slide it down. But it really scared me for a couple of minutes. It almost fell off the platform.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

LarryF - man, don't give me a heart attack....
    The way I figure, the guys at the terminal had better load the machine on my trailer safely or they can bring it on out to my home....I don't want it dropped for peats sake

6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

How about a Milwaukee Sawzall? :usflag:

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

WOW ... I think if that had happened you would have been on the hook for it !! Doesn't BOP ship FOB Point Of Origin ??

8. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

It'll also fit easily in the back of any full size truck

9. ameteur865

ameteur865 LawnSite Member

I just picked mine up today! It fit snuggly in the bed of my 05 tacoma.

10. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, that's why I suggested it would be a good idea to call first. Those who built and operated the terminal mine came to had the opinion that merchandise transfers only would occur from one large truck to another. There were forklifts up on the platform, but none could drive down to ground level.