Quick 36 side discharge air velocity? Gators vs. Hi-Lift?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exact Rototilling, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference in discharge air velocity and/or air flow between these 2 options. I have both but I also have loads of snow and chunks of ice that prevents me from testing this in my cramped driveway under real world conditions. Grass, thatch, leaves etc.

Thanks, :waving:

Borrowed pic from BOP website.

wet36.jpg

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say that it's about equal...you can always call the experts and ask them ...

3. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

I must say i dont really like the gators on my quick. I love them on my stander. I dont know what it is but i get a much better cut with the stock high lifts. So therefor i would guess the the air velocity is a bit higher.

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

That pic. has no deflector chute and the grass is really long...looks like it needs bagged or double cut at the least.

5. Exact Rototilling

Planning doing that on Monday but I wanted to get some Intel on Friday first.

This question also relates to volume reduction when sucking up thatch or leaves using the catcher. I'm assuming that the gators will reduce dry leaves or thatch more than even a dedicated Billy Goat or DR leaf vacuum. That's what I have read on the BOP web site . . . or something to that effect. I have a Areins Hi-Vac Kawi powered 21" but I'm under the impression that the Quick probably moves over twice the amount of air.

Thanks for the input everybody.

:waving:

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

Gators work WONDERS on dry leaves and thatch.

7. Exact Rototilling

Would you say a 3 to 1 reduction? 5 to 1 over hi lift baldes?

Also do the Gator blades bag and pack wet grass in the catcher as well as or better than the Hi lifts?

8. BUCKEYE MOWING

I would say at least 3 to 1 and wet leaves SUCK...just depends on the the type your mulching...some pack better than others and it also depends on just how wet they are...

9. Buddy Buds

Buddy Buds LawnSite Member

Are you guys sold on your Quick mowers? I've got make a decision pretty soon. I have Scag wildcat.

10. BUCKEYE MOWING

LOVE THEM !